Fairmont Light and Water offers budget billing option
In January Fairmont Light and Water began offering budget billing. Listed below are the requirements for the Village of Fairmont budget billing plan for electric, water and sewer.
- You must have resided for a 12 month period at the service address which are you requesting budget billing.
- Budget Billing Period is: January 1 through December 31 of each year.
3. You must have a 12 month prompt payment history to participate in the budget billing program.
4. The monthly budget amount is based on the average actual monthly billing for the previous 12 months and will be rounded up to the next $1.00. Actual usage of your monthly budget amount will be carried over to the next budget year. This amount will be prorated into the budget billing amount for the next 12 month period.
5. If you do not pay your budget billing amount by the 25th of each month (if the 25th falls on a holiday or weekend, then the following business day), you will be removed from budget billing. Once removed for nonpayment all past due amounts will be due and payable immediately, according to the village’s disconnect policy.
6. To be reinstated to the budget billing program after being removed, the account must show as 12 month history of prompt payment.
For additional information on these new services, or if you are interested in signing up for this plan, please contact the Village Clerk at 402-268-3341, or email email@example.com .